NetJapan, Inc., releases sector-based disk imaging backup solution
ActiveImage Protector for virtual and physical environments
with innovative and useful features
to support electricity conservation measures as
from May 10, 2011
April 25, 2011
NetJapan, Inc., (Jiang, Guan Cheng, President/CEO; its principal office located in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan) today releases “ActiveImage Protector 3.0”, a new version of its sector-based disk imaging backup solution for virtual / physical environments. The “ActiveImage Protector 3.0” family of products includes two editions for virtual environments, i.e., Virtual Edition and Hyper-V with ReZoom™, four editions for physical environment, i.e., Server Edition, Cluster Edition, Linux Edition, Desktop Edition, and one edition for system administrator, i.e., IT Pro Edition.
AIP 3.0 provides some useful features such as “automatic backup during the shutdown process” designed to support electricity conservation measures which help preventing electricity outages in peak energy usage hours in summer.
What is ActiveImage Protector?
ActiveImage Protector is a backup and recovery solution with the latest sector-based disk imaging technology. Based on suggestions and requirements from service providers and customers received by NetJapan, Inc., over the last decade, AIP 3.0 was developed by the company to provide new features and accommodate their needs and specifications. ActiveImage Protector is designed to flexibly support a variety of small to large system environments ranging from legacy machines such as Windows 2000 Server to the latest physical / virtual Windows / Linux machines. ActiveImage Protector has already been introduced to a number of businesses and highly evaluated as one of the major disaster recovery solutions.
ActiveImage Protector 3.0 provides the following main features:
- Hot imaging backup without shutting down the system
- Cold imaging backup of clean system volumes before booting up
- “Smart Sector” enables fast backup of only used sectors which uses less disk space.
- Fast incremental backups of only the sectors that have changed since the last full or incremental backup image was written
- Command Line Interface allows backups to be administered by systems management tools.
- Fast, secure, and easy sector-based disk imaging backup and restore
- Recovery environment built on the latest version of Windows PE supports a wide variety of storage devices. Wizards are provided to guide you through restoration procedures.
- Fast bare metal recovery (BMR)
- Easy-to-use user interface and disk map with a list view of volume layout, schedule backup wizard, etc., helps users to operate the program without the need of additional training or administrative workload.
- In-house team of ActiveImage Protector developers can provide detailed technical support and quick bug fixes. NetJapan does their best to accommodate custom requests.
- A variety of licensing policies tailored to meet users’ system environment needs 態
New Functions of ActiveImage Protector 3.0
AIP 3.0 provides new functions to meet the users’ enhancement requirements by implementing the first-of-its-kind technology:
- uEFI mother board / GPT (GUID partition table) are supported.
- Consolidation of multiple incremental backup files into a single incremental backup file. Incremental backup processing is fast, however, a number of files will be created over time. AIP 3.0 enables multiple incremental backup files to be consolidated into one last incremental file in order to save storage space and simplify the management of backup files.
- Unification combines a full base image file and all associated incremental files into a single backup file. The base image and multiple incremental backup files may be unified into one last image file in order to simplify management of backup files.
- Throttling backup task
The use of Throttling function enables users to raise or lower system resource usage priorities in which the backup task runs. This function also allows users to throttle network bandwidth usage.
- Bad Sector Skip function
The use of Bad Sector Skip function, which AIP is the only sector-based backup tool to provide, continues to run backup processing even when unreadable bad sectors are found. The backup file, even if it contains some corrupted files, can be restored to a normal hard disk. Then, the files on normal sectors, if not bad or corrupt, can be retrieved.
- Disk to Disk Copy function
The use of this function enables you to copy volumes and drives on one hard disk to another hard drive, which reduces downtime if you are replacing hardware.
- Dual recovery environments built on both Windows PE 3.1and PE 2005
Recovery environment built on the latest version of Windows PE 3.1(Windows AIK for Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2) supports the latest server devices. Windows PE 2005 recovery environment which is bootable in legacy environment with less memory is also supported.
- Backup image files may be restored to virtual or physical machines on a different server and hardware.
AIR (Architecture Intelligent Restore), newly developed by applying Windows Embedded technology, enables users to restore backup image files to virtual / physical machine on a different server and hardware.
- Enhanced virtual environment support (V2P, V2V, P2P)
Newly developed AIR enables V2P (from virtual to physical), V2V (from virtual to virtual), P2P (from physical to physical) migration.
- Smart Sector function enables from Windows side to backup Linux partitions in Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 formats. In multi-boot environment with Windows and Linux, Smart Sector supports backup of either Windows or Linux partition from Windows side. IT Pro Edition supports backup of Linux client machine with less disk space (Linux edition supports hot imaging of Linux server hard disk or volume).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 support（Linux Edition/Virtual Edition） Since Linux Edition’s snapshot driver supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, the reliable AIP 3.0 enables hot imaging and backup of Linux server hard disk or volume using Smart Sector function.
- Automatic incremental backup during the shutdown process (Server Edition/Desktop Edition)
Due to the continuing tight electricity supply and electricity conservation measures, it is conceivable that PC’s are often forced to shutdown which may result in data loss. Being aware of the necessity of backing up PC’s in their exact state at time of shutdown, users are not allowed to finish backup under time constraints. The use of AIP 3.0 enables users to perform “fast incremental backup during the shutdown process” as well as “scheduled backup”.
ActiveImage Protector 3.0 family of products
ActiveImage Protector 3.0 family of products are named as follows:
●Backup solution for virtual environment:
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 Virtual Edition : Backup solution designed for heterogeneous virtual environment of Windows and Linux. With one license for a physical machine you will be allowed to install AIP on an unlimited number of virtual machines including virtual host on that physical machine regardless of the type of OS (Virtual Environment license).
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 for Hyper-V with ReZoom™：Backup solution specialized for Hyper-V virtual environment. Taking advantage of Hyper-V’s features and dramatically reducing man-hour required for backups of virtual machines, the use of in-house developed ReZoom™ function enables users to restore the entire virtual environment, just one or multiple virtual machines and migrate the restored VM to a different server even on different hardware.
●Backup solution for physical environment:
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 Server Edition：Backup solution designed for physical server
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 Linux Edition：Support for the use of the Linux native snapshot driver enables users to create a full backup of the Linux server hard disk or volume. Many of Linux distributions are supported.
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 Desktop Edition：Backup solution designed for client PC
●Backup solution in clustered environment:
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 Cluster Edition：Backup solution designed to support clustered technologies such as Microsoft Cluster Service (MSCS), NEC CLUSTERPRO or Marathon everRun FT/HA/MX, etc. “Clustered Environment License” is offered as more practical licensing when you deploy clustered environment.
●Backup solution for IT professionals:
- ActiveImage Protector 3.0 IT Pro Edition：Backup solution designed for service providers and IT professional which does not require installation of the program on server. This edition provides one designated IT professional with the use of AIP on an unlimited number of PCs for one year.
Detailed Product Information and System Requirements
The product catalogs (PDF files) are available to download from http://activeimage.jp/for more detailed information and the system requirements of the products.
Retail Price and Sales Projection
For ActiveImage Protector 3.0 license pricing schedule, please visit NetJapan’s home page at: http://activeimage.jp.
NetJapan Inc., distributes ActiveImage Protector 3.0 through contracted system integrator vendors, business partners and major distributors. Annual sales of \700,000,000 is projected.
- If you are interested in the product, or if you are our customers, please contact Corporate Sales Dept., NetJapan Inc.
(TEL) 03-5256-0877 (FAX) 03-5256-0878 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright 2011 NetJapan, Inc. All rights reserved. ActiveImage Protector is a trademark of NetJapan Inc. ReZoom is a trademark of Rectiphy Corp.
- Other brands and product names mentioned in this news release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Screen images are available to download from: http://www.netjapan.co.jp/nj/press/e_images/