NetJapan, Inc., releases ActiveImage Protector, imaging backup / disaster
recovery solution which provides inline data de-duplication feature and
supports Windows Server 2012 / Windows 8 as from December 6, 2012.
December 5, 2012
NetJapan, Inc., developer of backup and disaster recovery software solutions, releases ActiveImage Protector 3.5 SP2 (hereinafter referred to as “AIP 3.5 SP2”) as from December 6, 2012.
AIP 3.5 SP2 is a disk imaging backup / recovery solution for virtual / physical environments which supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
With this release, AIP 3.5 SP2 will be made available in four editions, i.e., Virtual Edition for virtual environment, Server Edition and Desktop Edition for physical environment, Cluster Edition for clustered environment. The other editions of the product will also soon be made available according to their release schedule.
New Features of AIP 3.5 SP2
- ・ Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
- ・ Support for Storage Space
- AIP 3.5 SP2 supports Storage Space, new feature which Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 provide. The use of AIP 3.5 SP2 enables users to backup / restore and save backup image to virtual volume in storage space.
- ・ Support for CSVFS (Cluster Shared Volume File System)
- AIP 3.5 SP2 supports CSV file system in Windows Server 2012. AIP 3.5 SP2 allows backup of CSVFS volumes. As AIP 3.5 SP2 supports VSS, users can back up running virtual machines together with VSS-aware server applications and consistency is ensured.
- ・ Support for 4K sector HDD
- AIP 3.5 SP2 supports large sector (4K) hard drive. It allows you to backup / restore large capacity disk drive of over 3TB and virtual volumes on Storage Space.
- ・ Support for ReFS (Resilient File System)
- AIP 3.5 SP2 supports ReFS, new file system in Windows Server 2012. AIP 3.5 SP2 enables Smart Sector backup of ReFS volume.
What is ActiveImage Protector?
ActiveImage Protector is a backup and recovery solution with the latest sector-based disk imaging technology and inline data de-duplication feature.
ActiveImage Protector is designed to flexibly support a variety of small to large system environments ranging from legacy machines such as Windows 2000 Server to the latest physical / virtual Windows / Linux machines. As it provides an easy-to-use user interface, you can backup / restore your system easily and surely without the need of specialized skills or additional trainings.
In-house developed ActiveImage Protector has gained a reputation for its quality and reliable technical support.
Main Features of AIP 3.5
- Inline De-duplication / Compression feature improves backup storage utilization.
- Hot / cold imaging backup
- Fast, secure, and easy sector-based disk imaging backup and restore.
- Fast incremental backups and scheduled backup
- Data Replication in remote area helps you handle data loss or corruption of image files.
- Fast bare metal recovery (BMR)
- Ability to restore specific files or folders selected from a backup image
- Support for P2V / V2P migration
- The use of AIR (Architecture Intelligent Restore) feature enables users to restore backup image files to virtual / physical machine on a different server and hardware.
- Wizards are provided to guide you, even for non-experts, through backup / restore operation.
- In-house developed ActiveImage Protector is backed by friendly and highly reliable technical support.
- ActiveImage Protector is distributed by a major SE vendor on an OEM basis. ActiveImage Protector has already been introduced to a number of businesses, public offices, research institutions, etc.
Detailed Product Information and System Requirements
For more detailed product information and system requirements, please refer to ActiveImage Protector’s site:
Retail Price and Sales Projection
The pricing schedule for a license of ActiveImage Protector 3.5 Virtual / Server / Desktop / Cluster Edition is listed below.
|Product Name||Price (Without tax)|
|ActiveImage Protector 3.5 Virtual Edition||\198,000/license|
|ActiveImage Protector 3.5 Server Edition 1〜4 licenses||\166,200/license|
|ActiveImage Protector 3.5 Desktop Edition 1〜4 licenses||\10,200/license|
|ActiveImage Protector 3.5 Cluster Edition||\198,000/license|
- For more detailed information about the pricing schedule, please visit ActiveImage Protector’s site at http://activeimage.jp/archives/price.
- If you have an effective annual support service contract, and are a registered user of a previous version of ActiveImage Protector Virtual / Server / Desktop / Cluster Edition, your AIP may be upgraded to the respective editions of AIP 3.5 SP2 free of charge.
NetJapan Inc., distributes ActiveImage Protector through authorized system integrators, business partners, major distributors’ online shops, and BizNetJapan (https://biznetjapan.jp/) run by NetJapan Inc. Annual sales of \700,000,000 is projected.
- For sales or customer support please contact Corporate Sales Dept., NetJapan Inc.
（TEL）03-5256-0877 （FAX）03-5256-0878 E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright 2012 NetJapan, Inc. All rights reserved.
- ActiveImage Protector and ReZoom are registered trademarks of NetJapan Inc.
- Other brands and product names mentioned in this new release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Screen images are available to download from：http://www.netjapan.co.jp/nj/press/e_images/